Essential Oils - Remedies For Colds / Runny Nose / Flu

I was knocked out the whole of last week due to flu. Initial thought was the haze condition causing nose itch and dry throat. Somehow it got worsen with teary eyes, cough and slight fever. As usual, a runny nose is always unbearable especially if you are going somewhere with a dripping red shiny nose. I tried not to consume anti-histamines unnecessarily so I did some checking out on essential oil remedies for runny nose.
Since I've been into the Essential Oils craze, I've already equipped myself with numerous types of Essential Oils to try out. So back to my flu remedies. My case I only use it externally.
I couldn't find any inhaler case for this use but I dropped 1 to 2 drops each of the following Essential Oil on a piece of folded tissue, and inhale it where required. This actually helps to soothe the nose itch and reduces the mucus secretion being generated.

Essential Oils for my Runny Nose
Essential Oils for my Runny Nose
Lavender
Analgesic, anticoagulant, antidepressant, anti-fungal, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, sedative, regenerative.
Lemon**
Analgesic, antibiotic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent, deodorant, diuretic, fungicidal, insecticidal, sedative, tonic.
Eucalyptus
Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, insecticidal, stimulant.
Peppermint*
Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiviral, digestive, expectorant, invigorating.

Prior to sleep, I have drop 3 to 4 drops of Lemon Essential Oil onto base of the foot. It actually feels slightly warm and helps in my sleep in this runny nose condition.

Produces strong cooling sensation. Use with caution during pregnancy as it may reduce breast milk supply.
** Dilute if your skin is sensitive. May cause skin irritation with repeated use. Avoid sun exposure for 12 hours after application. In which i applied below foot which should be alright.

Comments