DIY - Creating A New Belt from Leftover Jeans Materials

If you still remember my DIY Skirt from my pair of old jeans, this is the left over leg area, lace and my old belt buckle which I'm going to convert it into a new belt.

How to Make a New Belt from Leftover Jeans Materials

Items Needed:
Leftover JEANS fabric / material (I have used the leftover leg area)
Leftover (1 meter more or less) LACE (You may use any stretchy fabric material to your liking)
Ladies Square Latch Belt Buckle
Thick Flat Rubber Band (3/4" to 1" thickness)
A pair of sharp scissors
Tacking Needles
Sewing Needle
Thread Un-picker
Sewing Machine

Directions:
1. Preparation work.
    * Unpick all the stitches from the fabric if you are doing a recycle work. Trim off any unwanted edges.
    * Cut the 1metre lace into 4 pieces and sew along the 2 long edges to make 2 sets.
    * Cut out a length of thick flat rubber band about 4 to 5 inches lesser than your waistline.
2. Cut jeans material to length and thickness of your choice. Pin them together along the edge and sew them together.
3. Flip inside-out and iron flat.
    * Sew along edges of both sides ensuring that the gap is still able to fit the thick rubber band. (You may skip this if you want to)
    * Sew the two sets of laces to each ends.
    * Insert the thick flat rubber band into the slot.
4. Attach the buckle.

DIY: Creating A New Belt from Leftover Jeans Materials
Sorry about he missing illustrations. Was too anxious to finish up that I'd forgotten to take a snapshot of it till it was finished. I'll do my best again for my next project. As I have lots of stuff to mod for my little niece (it's her mother's clothes anyway).

Comments