Back to Memory Lane - Childhood Games and Toys

I'm from the last of generation-X. When I see the younger generations, I see obesity, pampered, overly protective, spoiled, eye problems, huge hips and thighs...etc. They're somehow not that healthy in the sense of junk foods (I love it too but I dont eat it that frequent) and fast foods (I eat it too but not frequent as well) or spent too much time sitting down studying or watching cable tv or playing computer / video games (i like playing computer games too; in which I realised, I missed some hands on games/toys from my childhood in which I don't see any of the current generations did it anymore). 

Here are the memorable lists:-
1. Congkak
2. Jumping Rubber Bands
3. Tag
4. Kalitoi
5. 7 Stones/Pebbles/Mini-Bean Pouch
6. Shotting Plastic Toy Soldiers with Rubber Bands attached onto Ruler
7. Pepsi-Cola
8. Kite making and flying
9. Hop Scotch (2x6 or the 10 blocks)
10. Marbles
11. Classic Playing cards (SNAP, OldMaid, Donkey, Happy Family)
12. Pick-up-Sticks
13. Dig the garden and see who get the biggest / the most earth worms (fed it to dad's Arowana after that)
14. Poker Games (fishing, black jack, thai black jack, poker, russian poker, close poker, chor tai dee...etc.)
15. UNO
16. Classic Board Games (Monopoly, Cluedo, Snakes and Ladders, Backgammon, Ludo, Draughts, Othello/Reversi, Chinese Checkers...etc.)
17. Dominoes
18. Origami
...and the list goes on for as long as there's something to compete, we have a game. I'll be searching through if I'm able to find some of those games and put up the "How to play" and "The Rules" in my next blog. Do stay tune...

Comments