Ukulele - I'm Learning It

Yes. I'm the owner of this ukulele. I kind of bought this last year thinking it might be easier to learn than a guitar. Also for another reason for having short stubby fingers.

PEAVEY Composer Ukulele
Reviewers did mentioned that the headstock is heavy and  thus making the ukulele unbalanced. Yes it's true. Sometimes I struggle with it and almost dropped it. It's okay once you get the hang of it. My point of view; I like the sound of it which some doesn't. Then again, this depends on each individual's own preferences.
Specifications:
- Brand : PEAVEY
- Model : Composer Ukulele
- Weight : 500 grams
- Height : 62.23 cm
- Thick : 9.5758 cm
- Class Size : Concert
- Features :
          Natural Spruce top
          Sapele Back and Sides
          Sapele Neck
          Rosewood Fingerboard
          Rosewood Bridge
          Black Chrome Die-Cast Machine Heads
          18 frets

Initial self learning progress, I did some strumming via YouTube. It feels okay but at times, it doesn't sound right. I don't have any friends that plays guitar nor the ukulele, so I couldn't really tell if it is the correct or wrong. So, I've signed up for a Ukulele class in a nearby neighborhood music studio, hoping to improve on my strumming, and learn extra apart from normal strumming. Well, 4 months of lessons and so far so good.

I'll share on some of the lessons that I've learnt so far, hope that you could find it useful. Do stay tune for more stuff on Ukulele Lessons.

Comments