Essential Oils - Face Serum and Face Cream Story

Back to essential oils. This is something I've forgotten to share. I was having a problem with finding the right face serum or cream for the last few years. I ended up with needing to spend hundreds to buy the skin care solution and additionally I need to use the BB Cream just to cover the redness of my skin and as additional protection.
For some of my friends and family who had seen my face during the incompatible skin care that I used before, they would understand. My face was slightly swollen with red and dry flaky patches and sometimes oozing with pus. It felt burning and itchy. I couldn't use anything to cover apart from taking antihistamines and allergy cream given by the doctor. This was really an unforgettable event. This made me seriously read every single label in skin care bottles and at least get samples for patch test before buying. 
Then the essential oils craze started. Friend of mine recommended that it is good for this then good for that but we never tried on our skin. Both of us have the sensitive skin type. We were skeptical at the beginning. So I offered to start with the experiment.

Phase 1: Allergy Test
All the oils and carrier oils I have, I did a patch test on my underarms, and near the jaw angle undiluted.  All working fine with me and my mom. 

Phase 2: Making Small Batches for Tests
I made the serum for skin with hyperpigmentation for my mom,and for myself the serum for sensitive skin. Both of us are okay with it. Except that it was abit too oily and felt greasy for me.
So I continued making the serum for my mom until today since it helped to reduce her skin pigmentation gradually. 

Phase 3: Mixing Serum with Aloe Vera Gel
I had this crazy thinking cos I had multiple of aloe vera gel in my storage which I couldn't put to full use except for body moisturiser. Then went online to search if anyone has did it and get done reviews on it. This is the site I referred to https://beautymunsta.com/diy-serum-with-aloe-vera/. So I used the ratio of 3 part aloe vera to 1 part oil mixture (Phase 2) to make the cream. Voilà!  I have my diy face cream which has a lesser oiliness and lesser greasiness. I even let my sister who has a better skin than mine tried and she kind of liked it. The picture attached is from my most recent batch. It looks like Yogurt after the mix. My friend actually had more confident after my trial and results. So she made her own batch of cream and tried it as well. Well after almost a year it's obvious that her skin looks better than before as she has an easily scared skin type. Sorry that both of us are not really into posting our faces publicly and we didn't really kept our  pictures of our hideous skin conditions.
Face Cream for Sensitive Skin 

Now in the long run, I actually paid lesser for my skin care product apart from buying the carrier oils and the essential oils. 
Do stay in touch as I will post the recipes in the upcoming posts. 

Comments