Piano 000 - There I Go Again

There I go again... I have not been updating my posts for months. I'm quite buzy with a project at work. So stressed out now. 
Yes. Just as the title of this post mentioned, I bought myself a digital piano, the model is Casio CDP-S150. Yes I know. I've got the harmonica, the ukulele, the guitar, and the Guzheng. Was even tempted to get the violin or even the ErHu. Back to my story...


Back then... 
The piano is something I thought was difficult to learn and it was something I could not achieve when I was a child. Mom did sent me to piano classes. I only managed to attend 45 minutes per session once per week for about 4 months to 6 months. It was fun but I don't have my own piano to practice. It was difficult for a low income household and even harder to squeeze in a piano into a small house even if someone were to give it to me for free and digital piano was also expensive back then. Then it gets difficult for me as class progressed further. I don't have enough practice and that's it. The teacher says that I have to quit as it is wasting my time and money. I was sad and cried abit upon hearing this because I envied my classmates who attended the piano lessons. But I had to let go.


Casio CDP-S150 
Now... 
Now that I'm an adult. I earn my own steady income. I can now afford to get myself a digital piano. Which is much cheaper than the acoustic and it is portable. I can use it for self learning and have fun with it. I have bought the Casio CDP-S150 at about MYR2300. I started off with getting simple pieces online and played. I've also installed Yousician and Flow Key to try out. Then after the first two weeks was over, I kind of stucked. It was nice following the YouTube and apps to play along or even using the play by ear technique. But I can't read any scores in the end and the app review in the end was people having difficulty to cancel subscription. So I didn't subscribe. I loved classical music. So I wanted the knowledge of reading sheet music. Then I went online to search for some good tutorial books which was recommended for adults piano learning. Then I found the Alfred's Piano Courses series books. I bought the Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course book 1 until book 3. I didn't get the all in one as it consists of theory and I don't like writing into my precious books. 
Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Series

Comments