Drawing 009 - Line Quality

Reading through the lesson, what I understand from the term LINE QUALITY is that it helps by projecting an image in the drawing if the subject distance (near or far), texture, thickness, weight, light contrast, depth, features and realism, focus, and etc.
Ohh... Come to think of it, I think I know what happened to some of my previous drawings. It could be due to these properties that I'm not getting it right. 
1. Distance : Object that has a thick fat line would appear closer than thinner fine line. 
2. Texture : Defines the hair or the cloth material type. 
3. Weight  : Line thickness would help to define an object's weight. Use thinner fine lines for light object and thicker lines for heavier objects. 
4. Lighting Contrast : Instead of 1 solid line, use different line weights to define contrast in lighting. 
5. Features and Realism : Use of thick bold lines to enhance features of an object. 

Assignments
In the assignment, I was required to go through my previous sketches and drawings and transform them. 10 of them.... 

Oops! 5 only. Since I have just relearn my skills, these are my only available subjects which I felt suitable for transformation in this lesson. Then again, instead of redraw the whole thing all over again I'll only be making touch up with the existing drawing. 
Also I've changed a new phone therefore the picture quality taken will have a slight change. I'm still getting used to the new phone camera.



Before After  Remarks
  
Penang Heritage Landscape
  

 Lightened the further view making it with depth and to show the bright areas.
  
Light Bulb
  

 Lighten the lines to show the thinness of the glass.
 
 

 Hummingbird
  

Shows the feather thickness on different areas.
  
Glass of Water
  

Lighten the lines to show the thinness of the glass that has a light casting onto it.


Fabric
 
Smoothed lines to show the fabric material softness.
    
    
    

Comments