MCO - The Early Experience

MCO - The Early Experience

This is a sharing of my own experience during the beginning of MCO especially for the first 2 weeks. I began to feel fatigue and anxiety. I have sleepless nights as I would feel that I can't complete my assigned work tasks, and I may delay the project I have on hand and at the same time I need to cope with house chores and making meals for both me and hubby. I began to get paranoid and easily agitated too. 
That's why I think some companies already seeking for psychiatric help to their employees for online call in purposes.
On the other hand, my hubby helped me. 
I think this may be applicable to a certain group of people. It's more on how you are able to identify your soothing method. This is purely my opinion and my own sharing only and not from some medical experts. Hope that whomever reads this can bring some benefits to own self because I found my own soothing method.

During Work Hours

Musical Accompaniment

Play calm and soothing music that can help you to relax. It may be musical instruments or even tunes. Find a genre that helps you. 

Planning

Plan your work ahead. Example, what time is your meeting going to be. Get your meals prepared ahead or make a one pot cooking like stews. This would last you for the day. 

In-Between Stress Hours

Take Short Rests / Breaks

Look out the window / balcony. There are lots of beautiful stuff to see. Of course I have a view at my home. 

Keep Room Ventilated

You needed more fresh air at home. Especially I you have no intention of switching on the air-conditioner. So make sure there is air circulation in the room. 

Warm Hugs

| Hi I'm Olaf, I like warm hugs |
If you have watched Disney's Animation FROZEN then you know what I mean. Yes, I like warm hugs too. That's when I got so tired and frustrated talking to bosses.

Off Work Hours

Painting / Sketching / Drawing

This helps to divert and focus your concentration to the art piece you are creating. At the same time it will avert your attention of stress and other unpleasant thoughts from lingering on your mind. 

Playing Musical Instrument

This also have the same effect as painting / sketching / drawing. Of course the focus is getting it right to the correct pleasant tune. Whenever successfully played a piece / score, the achievement is a satisfaction. Additionally it helps you to control and manage your mood. 

Watch A Good Movie

Look for happy movies; either animated, comedy, Sci-fi, romance, etc. To your liking. I even watched horror and documentary. 

Indoor Exercises / Stretching

Our muscles are not being exercised during this MCO period. So some stretching exercises, planks, tabata. Find an injury free spot at home with proper shoes. Sweat it out. 

Indoor Games / Activities 

This part is my hubby's favourite. When weekend comes, he would date me for PS4 gaming sessions. Sometimes we would put up LEGO blocks together. We would play some 2 person card games. 

Come to think about it. Today's Friday again. It is games weekend again. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

* * * * * * * * * *


Comments