Sketching How To - Eye

Here I'm learning how to properly sketch the eyes realistically. Yes, together with the eyebrows. Why learning it? Yes. I never get the hand of drawing the parts of the body since I was a child. It never looked right so I don't like doing sketches of people. Now that there's so much online tutorials available online, I might as well give it a shot. Well, I'm impressed. 🤩 I'm able to get what I did wrong.

First, this is a picture of the eye which I'll be sketching.


Step 1 : Draw the outline of the eye + pupil + eyelids + highlights. I used the 2H pencil.

Step 2 : Shade the pupil. Avoid contaminate theIthe highlights.  I used 5B pencil.

Step 3 : Use blending stump to pick up the graphite from a separate sheets of paper to blend onto the iris. 

Step 4 : Draw spokes on the iris from pupil outwards. I used 3B pencil. 

Step 5 : Blend the white area of iris lightly without loosing the spokes. Just in case like what I over did, just top back up the spokes.

Step 6 : Add depth to the pupil and iris by darkening the area under the eye. I used the 5B for this.

Step 7 : Shade the skin and cast shadow onto the eyeball to make it looked 3D with depth.

Step 8 : Complete the eyebrows and eyelashes.

Step 9 : Add the finishing touches and you're done.


* * * * * * * * * *



Comments