Drawing 013 - Charcoal White Pencil Portrait on Black Paper

This is my first time trying a sketch on black paper using the Charcoal Pencil. I bought the MARCO Charcoal White Pencil to test it out on the Chalk /  Pastel drawing papers hand down by my mother in law.
This was supposed to be a sketch for my retiring boss. Many of my friends told me why use paper when you can do it digitally. Well I personally felt that the personal touch is not there. Moreover I still need to finish up the leftover papers in my stash. No point leaving it go wasted right.

I didn't really keep the progress pictures of each stage for this as I used the same method as how I did it for the normal graphite pencil sketch.
The only item worth mentioning is adding the highlights to make the portrait looks more defined on the black paper.
Conclusion I have for this drawing is that, it was a failed portrait sketch. It did not look like my target portrait.
But then again stay tuned for my next art piece, I will be redoing it on the next page which is a dark grey tone using the MUNGYO Soft Pastels (64 pieces half sticks).

Comments