Piano 001 - The Piano and The Book

The Piano & The Book...

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Series

Just to update something on the status of my learning progress. I started playing the piano since 2020, now I'm halfway through Book 2. Ya why so slow right? Was busy and tied up with projects then the MCO thingy. 

Quick Review

The book is clearly written with instructions on how you should play and the fingering on which key for us to further explore and not getting tangled while playing. 
The also has the most frequently used chords and scales. How to read each sheet music before starting any new piece. There is also a small practice to try out before each piece on the chord progression. 
In the beginning, whenever I have difficulty to play the piece, I would go back to first lesson and restart. It was difficult and I struggled in the beginning but after getting some used to it I gradually played faster and smoothly. I still do that from time to time to practice or even as a warm up if I have stopped more that a few days.
Ar the end of the first book, the complexity of the songs began to increase. I used longer time to master 1 piece but as I move to the book 2, it became easier 
I'd really wanted to try out video logging to show my progress on playing the pieces. But I'm still not comfortable with doing it though.

Comments