Hello 2023. Goodbye 2022

Wow! This time, I've totally skipped this for exactly 2 years. Guess life haven't been easy or I could have slacked. 🤔Let's recap what I've been up to for the last 2 years.
First was the,😷COVID-19 pandemic, it hits us in 2020, everyone was afraid, took extra precautionary measures, hygiene, vaccinations, cooking at home and eating in, and etc. I was diligent in 2021, double mask, hand sanitizers always in hand, I even cleanses and disinfect my groceries. So to say, I was overly paranoid and felt stressful. But I gave up in 2022, I just maintain single mask and can't be bothered with hand sanitizers, began eating out adjust to off peak hoursso it's less crowded, participate in company's outdoor activities. I felt free and nothing to be stressed about. I was still fine until the recent General Election, suspected husband caught the virus from the voting center. Many said that it is definitely from 5 days prior. But all the contact tracing was negative therefore highly suspected the voting center. Mom-in-law was then tested positive a few days later. Husband had few days of high fever, sore throat, cough and flu but mine was milder, loss of taste and smell for 3 days and mom-in-law had slight sniffling at home. I guess it's all about our individual body's immune system behavior. Thankfully that everyone recovered well.

Secondly, work was busy but wasn't what I expected when I took up the job role initially. Expectations was to be able to pick up additional developer's programming skillet. Instead was only being entrusted to requirements gathering and handover to developer. Developer's felt their work was easier as everything was already at hand, so I had free time, completed my 6-Sigma Greenbelt Certification. But not until my recent disappointment, low performing team member, was promoted as the team manager. Found out that team member was helping his best to get that person promoted. I on the other hand was also a contributor. I couldn't stand watching my boss being bossy, probing, and torturing in front of the whole team during meetings. So I suggested during our 1 to 1 session that he should get a mentor to learn the right way when we have so many of them in the company, and additional review with him prior presenting to boss. 😔Apparently boss sees improvement in him and got him promoted even though there is rejection in review board. I guess boss is always the boss. Nothing beats him. Well of course, I myself was being offered another job role which boss observed that I'm passionate about. I agreed to switch over and become the Reliability Engineer officially this December and hoping to see my best in 2023 and beyond.

Couldn't be missed for the past years. I've always felt happier talking about these memories.
I still draw to relax. I have so much mediums and supplies to try out with. Not to say all but sufficient.
Cooking, baking, or trying out something new. Air fryers and pressure cooker is my new bestie in the kitchen. Chinese, Indian, Malay, Japanese, Korean, Western, there's more to the cooking only the best looking ones made the cut. 🤭 Or we could've eaten them before taking pictures. 🤔
😋Dining out on occasions with hubby, friends and families or should we call it 🤤food hunting is still a thing. 🥰
After long awaiting we also had mini gatherings, drinking sessions, or pot luck at friend's and short trips for holidays.

😬As for my musical instruments learning...
PIANO : Completed Alfred's basic piano for adults book 1. Halfway through the book 2. Bought Yiruma Piano sheets and learnt "River Flows in You". Gradually improving, only that sight reading not that good but it improves with more practice.
GUITAR & UKULELE : was strumming them when working from home.
GU-ZHENG : Nothing done
HARMONICA : Forgot where I kept them

🥶Worst of all, I've stopped exercising of late. Used to play Oculus Quest (fitness games, light sabre), Nintendo ring fit, running on treadmill or sometimes cycling. I should get back on track.

I'm not going to set any resolutions this time. Just maybe I wanted to move over to vlogs, instead of blogs. Apart from the gears which i think should be sufficient, of course vlogs need additional post editing and review which I may not have the time for it. 
Wish me luck... Signing off for the year 2022.

Comments