Drawing 010 - Shading Techniques

This lesson actually goes back to my previous post on Drawing 002 - Mark Making. Since I have already done the section previously. Additionally, there's a step by step on how to shade as well. We'll need eraser, and pencils.
This is the subject for sketching. I will be focusing only on the subject itself.


Step 1 : Sketch Subject Outlines and Shapes


Step 2 : Shade the Darkest Shadow Area


Step 3 : Apply A Layer of Light Tone / Shade


Step 4 : Add the Middle Tone / Shade

Step 5 : Cast Shadows on Subject

Step 6 : Add Highlights

Step 7 : Check for Missing Shadows / Add finishing touches



Assignments
Shade 4 subjects using the shading techniques like hatching, cross hatching, circular, and contouring.

I'll be combining these to make it into a portrait. Here's my finished work on Gal Gadot.






Comments