Watercolour 004 - Paint Something

PAINTING SOMETHING...

After going through some basic technique, it's time to draw something. From the tutorial example, it is to paint grapes. 🍇

Getting Started 

Tools / Materials :- 

  • Paper
  • Watercolor Set - shades of purples, red, blue, white, and some green.
  • Paint Brushes

Techniques :- 

  • Lifting Technique - Either brush / paper towel.
  • Wet + Dry Technique
  • Wet + Wet Technique
These several techniques are the ones I have used for the grapes. 
It took me about 24 hours to complete the grapes as I'm trying to get hold of the technique.
All of it is painted from scratch without any pencil sketch.

Observations :- 

  1. Each grape to be painted needs to be slightly far apart so that the pigment does not seep into another one.
  2. The pigment of the first set will need to be at least almost dry before starting another grape that is nearby it.
  3. Paint those of lighter colors first then gradually get to the darker colors. When there's any mistakes made in lighter shades, the darker ones can help to touch up and cover over comparing to the other way round. 
  4. Know your light source, shadows, and shades.
  5. Some parts where I have accidentally painted the highlight. I would just lift up the area with paper towel / brush then add white onto that later on.
  6. I really need to learn painting the leaf. It looks really horrible.
Here's all for now. Let's Paint Some Fruits... 😘 I know that I should go for leaves. I will KIV first and do it some other time when I get comfortable with watercolour painting.


* * * * * * * * * *

Comments